Blog Background

Friday, January 11, 2013

One of the Reasons Why I Stay on Facebook...

... is because of all the awesome quotes I find on there!! Here's some recent ones:

Appropriate reminder just after finishing the Christmas season.

I desperately need this reminder as I continue to learn all there is to know at LDS Family Services. Even 4 months later it can still be overwhelming sometimes.

This is the continuation of the quote above:
"One day God will, in great victory, 'wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away.' One day our calamities will be overpast." -Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

This was accompanied with this thought that I love:
"Self-realization is one of the most important aspects in this journey of life. It's hard to believe in God when you don't believe in yourself. By understanding who we really are, we better understand who God is and in turn, understand His plan for us." -LDS S.M.I.L.E
This picture was accompanied with the following quote:
"Everyone has experienced discouragement and difficulty. Indeed, there are times when the darkness may seem unbearable. It is in these times that the divine principles of the restored gospel we hope in can uphold us and carry us until, once again, we walk in the light." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf


This may or may not actually be from C.S. Lewis (the Internet is in disagreement over that one). Either way I love it and believe this to be so true! I am without a doubt so much more than just my physical body. I am a child of God, with unbelievable worth in His eyes that has nothing to do with my physical appearance. And while I'm extremely grateful to have my body which allows me to have this mortal experience- I'm also grateful to know this physical body isn't mine forever. At least not in its current imperfect state. (Can't wait for the perfected version though!!! It's going to be more amazing then I could ever imagine, I just know it.)
And for some humor:

No comments:

Post a Comment