First is bowling. My brothers have started this "tournament" with a set of rules, trophy and all. This year the trophy went to Matt. Wish I'd gotten a picture of the trophy cause it is AWESOME.
After bowling we went home and stuffed our faces with delicious food. Some decided to recover from eating by watching a movie and others (me) decided to read a book. After everyone had sufficiently recovered (and the movie was over) then the games began! Along with more stuffing of our faces, but this time with pie instead of turkey and mashed potatoes.
While it was a simple Thanksgiving, it was still a lot of fun. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the holidays than by spending it with family. And that's exactly what I did- so it was a success!!
Here's a small, small list of some things I'm thankful for- it would take way too long to make a comprehensive list:
- My family & friends
- My health
- The freedoms I enjoy by living in this great country
- Those who have in the past- and currently- sacrifice so much to fight for & protect those freedoms
- My car
- Music & Movies- entertainment
- Modern technology & modern medicine
- To have ample access to food- I don't wonder when/where my next meal is coming from.
- To have warm, clean clothes & shoes
- A roof over my head- that feels like home
- My education & college degree
- The opportunity to serve my Service Mission
- The beauties of nature
However, above all else I'm thankful that I was raised and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And not only was I taught, but I'm thankful that I gained my own testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel. And of course I'm thankful for all the Gospel encompasses. Just a few:
- The Savior & Redeemer of the World
- The Atonement provided by the Savior
- The Plan of Salvation
- The Scriptures- particularly the Book of Mormon
- A modern day Prophet & Apostles
- Temples & the covenants that are made therein
- The Priesthood
- My Patriarchal Blessing
I truly live an incredibly blessed life and I have so so much to be thankful for! I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with good food, family & friends, and most of all- time to reflect on all you have to be thankful for in your life.