Blog Background

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Aloneness vs Loneliness

"Never mistake aloneness for loneliness.  In order to grow, you need time away, away from the noises of the world, friends, comfort, and all distractions to find what is important and fulfilling.  These alone moments build character and show the level of patience you are willing to endure to find the spirit and wrestle with thoughts that tell you you aren't worth anything or you can't do it right. 

When you are lonely, you are saying, 'I don't have much meaning in my life.  Someone come and make me happy.  I am unwilling to give because I am feeling sorry for myself.  You, world and all the people I know, are responsible for entertaining me and proving to me that I am worthwhile.' 

Change these moments of loneliness into ones of aloneness.  Alone, and all by yourself, do as the Savior taught you to do: serve.  This takes courage and sacrifice of your self-centeredness.  Endure being alone to find that you are loved and have love to give.  That decision made in your heart will bring a glow to you that will attract others to you.  You won't be lonely because you will have yourself, those you give to, and the Savior guiding you through."

I saved this quote a while ago after I read it on a blog I read (it's on my sidebar- "Dripping With Passion"). I was originally going to write up a whole post about my thoughts on this. However, now I think the quote speaks enough for itself. I'll just say this- I absolutely LOVE this!! It resonates with me and is something I struggle with and think about a lot actually. I hope I can have more moments of aloneness and less and less loneliness. Hope you enjoy and get something out of this as I did. 


*Note: I claim no photo credit, I found this picture online.*

No comments:

Post a Comment