Blog Background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

St. George Getaway

So I haven't seen my best friend since February. This is simply unacceptable. So me and her FINALLY found a time that worked for both of us for me to come down and stay with her and her husband for a few days. It was so much fun and a much needed catch up! And bonus- her sister (Lanelle) was blessing her cute baby girl on Sunday, so I was also able to catch up with not only McKinzi but also her family. I love them! They're like a second family to me.

We did lots of fun things including:
-Tuacahn play, Hairspray. It was really good- I thoroughly enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. However- it was HOT!!! I felt so bad for McKinzi (she's pregnant) and also the actors who were singing and dancing in costumes in 90 + degree weather. 
-Watched lots of movies: Fast Five (from Redbox), People Like Us (movie theater)... it was alright. Language was not great, especially the F word from an 11 year old. Definitely could've done without that!, and Deja Vu. I know I know... but when it's 110 degrees outside, and only gets to around 95 degrees at night, you HAVE to stay inside. And movies are a great way to entertain yourselves for a few hours.
-I caught up on a couple Psych episodes I hadn't seen yet while they did various things.
-Went out to eat at Iceberg, Red Robin, and Sonic
-And mainly, we just hung out with each other. It was lots of fun.  

I'm so grateful they were willing to let me come crash with them for a while, I really did have tons of fun with both McKinzi and Tom. I love that girl like a sister, we've been through practically everything together since elementary school. I know we'll be in each others lives forever, because I honestly can't imagine (and refuse to let it happen) my life without her being a part of it in some way. This sounds super cheesy I know- but I really do feel that way. Love ya Kinz!!

Tuacahn Theater
I look horrible, but she looks cute! Check out the adorable baby bump!!

Tuacahn Theater
Tom & McKinzi. They're a cute couple, go very well together.
I found this picture on Facebook and HAD to include it here.  I honestly think this is possible in St. George because it really is that hot. It might take a little longer than in an oven- but it might seriously work. You can barely stand the heat just from the house to the car (and the car only cools down by the time you've reached your destination!). It just hits you like a wall the second you step outside. I think people are crazy for VOLUNTARILY living down there during the summer!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had some fun Jess. Sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete